Tax Election FAQs
Harris County Fresh Water Supply District will hold an Operation & Maintenance Tax Election on May 6, 2023. For more information pertaining to this election see the FAQs below. If you have additional questions then feel free to contact us utilizing the contact page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Election day will be held on May 6, 2023 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. (**subject to change**)
Early voting will be held on: (**subject to change**)
- Monday April 24, 2023 through Saturday, April 29, 2023 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 30, 2023 from 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, May 1, 2023 through Tuesday, May 2, 2023 from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Please note, Harris County has authorized county wide voting on election day, which means that a voter can vote at any election location provided by Harris County on election day.
The District Owns:
- 2 Water Plants
- 4 Lift Stations
- 1 Storm Equalization Facility
- 11 miles of waterline
- 9 miles of sanitary sewer line
The operation and maintenance tax allows the District the ability to construct, improve, maintain, and operator current and additional facilities to provide water and sewer services. It also gives the District the ability to provide police, trash, and park services.